Monday, August 21, 2006

iPod goes back

I forgot to mention, I got an iPod for Christmas in 2005 and I returned it the next day. How much self-control and willpower does that take?!! A gift of a 40GB iPod, shiny with it's new buttons and unscratched screen stared me in the face saying, "Take me! You know you want me! Deep down you know you've wanted me all along! Go on, scroll. It won't hurt." [jump to the iPod's inner thoughts: "In one minute she'll be hooked just like the other hundreds of thousands of people who are addicted to me. They love me, they really love me."

I said "No iPod! I don't want you, I don't want to throw out my CD's and yes, TAPES whom I love dearly. I don't want to walk around with white earphones in my ears pretending that I'm listening to people even though I never put my song on pause when I acted like I did. I don't want to have to worry about recharging you when I can't even take my daily vitamins that I so desperately should be taking. I don't want you because I never walk anywhere and get the chance to listen to music (as if I can have the luxury of letting my mind wander away from the tasks at hand). My car doesn't even have a tape deck nevermind the capabilities of plugging in an mp3 player! With all these reasons listed above, I cannot have you and I don't want you."

I said no to the iPod.

It's about principles here, people...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home